Old October 10th 10, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Help with hallicrafetrs SX-24

In article ,
"Antonio Vernucci" wrote:

Tony I0JX

I have downloaded many files from Nostalgia Air, in fact I tested this
one
before recommending it to see what it was like. When I clicked on the
download
symbol it came up labled as a .PDF as have all the others. I don't know
what
sort of executable there could be there. What browser are you using?
Unfortunately, the manual at the other site is as bad as the one at
BAMA,
grayed out and low res.

The Opera browser reports me it is downloading an EXE file, and actually
produces an EXE file.

Both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome instead report and produce a PDF
file.

Tony-

I don't remember how I did it, but when I found I had downloaded an EXE
file, I went back and found a different place to click. This time it
downloaded a PDF file that opened correctly.

At first I thought the EXE file might actually be a self-extracting ZIP
file. But when I changed its suffix to .ZIP, my un-zip program said it
was not.

Then I changed the .EXE to .PDF, and it opened fine!

Fred
K4DII