Old October 10th 10, 02:53 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default GOP: We'll cut .we'll cut. . .something

On 10/10/2010 12:45 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:

... Social Security FDIC/SLIC Reasonably good schools (mostly) Safe
food (mostly) Safe drugs Interstate and US highway systems
Communications infrastructure Crime fighting Libraries Clean air
Clean water The Internet Veteran support structure Safer
automobiles Safer planes Employee protection ad inf

On 10/10/2010 4:02 AM, John Smith wrote:

Actually, that is a terrible list of tragedy and destruction. SSI was
set up correctly, and would be running with a surplus ... if the
money hadn't been stolen and a bunch of IOU's replacing the funds.

True...sad, but true. Blame BOTH parties for greed. Of course greed is
"obviously" a new thing. It's not like there are records of greed going
back to time immemorial.

My drugs are not safe and the vaccines are downright poisonous.

Huh? Your (legal, prescription) drugs can't be that unsafe, as you are
obviously still here to bitch about it. There are tens of thousands of
prescription drugs and 98 or 99% of them have proven to be safe and
effective. Vaccines "poisonous"? I dunno, a LOT of people have taken
them and a LOT of people are still here to talk about it. Again, a
*very* high percentage of people find them effective; a very small
percentage have a bad reaction, occasionally (very occasionally), fatal.

Lemme be the first to tell you this: Life is not perfect. If it were
perfect, you would be in heaven. And if you were in heaven, you would be
dead. So quitcher bitchin'.

Crime has never been higher nor the murder rate higher.

Mebbe, mebbe not. The population is larger, so is crime higher on a
percentage basis? Higher compared to what? The bad old days of the "Wild
West"? The 1930s gangster days?

The libraries have been gutted and they keep reselling them to me,
after they reassign the last funds I have given them into some
"general fund."

Our libraries here are just fine, thank you very much. Sorry to hear
that yours have been mismanaged.

The water is all polluted with the drugs coming from urine upstream.

Yes, our society does need to find a better way to dispose of unused Rx
drugs. But, a two-edged sword. Those drugs keep us living longer. Again,
nothing is completely perfect.

The internet was "given" to us when the military was done with it...

I don't know about "given"; "evolved" might be a better word. It's here
for whatever reason and gives you a platform to bitch, so why are you
complaining?

...the automobiles are all ugly, I can't tell one from another, they
are small and frankly, I doubt their "safety."

WTF are you talking about? You doubt their safety? Do you want to go
flying through a non-safety glass windshield? Do you want to get
skewered by an old fashioned steering column?

Cars are all ugly? What do you consider a pretty car? A 1951 Studebaker?
A 1953 Nash? A Pacer?

Side note #1: A year ago, my cousin said the cars were ugly and
blamed it on Obama. Only problem was, Obama was in office for only ONE
year at the time -- and cars have a TWO to THREE year design cycle. But
hey, blame Obama for ANYthing and EVERYthing, no matter what.

Side note #2: I'm driving a turbo GM Kappa...and I don't think it's
ugly. Your -opinion- may vary.

Sadly, it looks like you have crossed the line from being a cantankerous
curmudgeon to being a world class whiner. Lighten up, you'll live
longer. Oh, sorry, I forgot. You want perfection and are in a hurry to
get to heaven...

Bwahahahahaha...

Best regards,
JfK