Old October 23rd 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Help High swr

In article ,
Saffer wrote:

Hi there Im new to amateur just got my licence and am having high swr
problems ive checked the coaxial cables for continuity and everything
seems to be right the antenna is a buddipole and everything has been
assembled correctally can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong

Stephen-

How high is high? Most modern radios can tolerate SWR up to 3:1.

On a specific band, is SWR high across the entire band? I understand
the Buddipole is fairly critical, especially on the lower HF bands. It
may need to be adjusted for the part of the band where you want to
operate.

Fred
K4DII