Old October 25th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Horne[_2_] Tom Horne[_2_] is offline

Default 300 Ohm Ladder Line Issues

I have read that the presently available 300 ohm ladder line is
unsuitable to use at some amateur radio frequencies because of it's
construction and the losses caused by skin effect in the copper coated
steel construction. I have been using a Terminated Folded Dipole in a
flat top configuration as my HF antenna at home. Having recently
acquired an Icom AH-4 Antenna Coupler I am considering converting it
to a simple folded dipole, feeding it with 300 ohm ladder line to
match it's nominal impedance from the coupler. I know your sure that
there is a question in here someplace so is there better quality 300
ohm window line available that is entirely stranded copper in it's
construction?
--
Tom Horne, W3TDH