Old October 26th 10, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
brett brett is offline

Default Antenna separation

On Oct 26, 1:53*am, brett wrote:
On Oct 25, 8:31*pm, John Ferrell wrote:

It looks like I am going to have the resources to install a second
antenna tower. I never thought it would work out this way so I have
not planned it as I put other things in place.

The question is: How close is too close?

I would appreciate any thoughts and especially experience.

John Ferrell W8CCW

So how close is to close? I think 37ft was too close for a 40M
vertical in proximity to a 32ft support mast for optimum performance
for the vertical, but if its a second tower I'm sure the gain will be
much better than losses of coupling especially if it means a new 3
element 40Meter monobander as the antenna on the "new tower". I have
ON4UN's Low Band DXing, which is awesome and a must have for all
Ham's, John I believe uses or has used a 160M vertical in the center
of a four square, and uses decoupling techniques between the two. If
there is an issue with the closeness of the two, decouple at that
point. Hope this helps.

MY mistake you would not put a 3element 40m monobander on a 40ft
tower, bad example. Hope the rest helps you,, good DXing.