Old October 29th 10, 12:40 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
Richard Evans[_2_] Richard Evans[_2_] is offline

Default DAB trade-in scheme fails - DAB's listening share falls! LMFAO!!!

I'm in a bit too much of a hurry to read through all of this.

However, the impression I got was that trading in an FM radio only got
people a small discount of a new DAB radio. Perhaps saving then 2 or 3
pounds.

Hardly an attractive offer to make people give up a perfectly good FM
radio, in favour of a DAB radio that eats batteries, probably fails to
get a reliable signal in most households, and provides sh*t sound quality.

Actually I haven't yet noticed any big BBC advertising campaigns for DAB
so far this year. Perhaps that's why DAB seems to be failing even more
than usual.

The usual massive advertising campaigns, just about managed a small
growth in DAB sales. So without the advertising, DAB is an even more
spectacular failure than normal.

Richard E.