Old October 29th 10, 01:49 PM
DwightB DwightB is offline
Junior Member

Default Ameco PCL Preamp

I have one of these that I wish to get working for a 160m receive antenna.

Anyone knowledgeable with the Ameco Preamps.

It has no power supply, only has a two wires with gnd coming out of it.

One of the leads go to the on/off sw for the filaments of the nuvistor and the other appears to be for the plate supply.

I downloaded a schematic/manual from bawa close to what mine is. From what I've gathered it needs 6.3v @ 2a dc/ac for the filaments and 125 @ 50ma dc for the B+.

One thing is, it looks like someone added a 12K 1w resistor in the B+ line for some reason.

I can scan and take pix of what I have if someone could help me out with this to get it going.

thanks ... 73 Dwight NS9I