Old October 30th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Is There Any Future For Shortwave Radio : With or Without DRM. . .

On 10/25/2010 4:30 AM, RHF wrote:

The wife and I have our flatscreens in storage, we have no plans of
getting them out. If our shows are not available on the net, we don't
watch them.

And, lately, I have been just listening to AM on the net, and those
stations which provide streams ... NPR is the FM that I grab, on the net
.... point being, it is getting hard to not realize the fact we could do
without standalone radios ... with probably keep my USB software driven
radios, at least for a while longer.

DRM is just too silly to be bothered with. I don't think the wife and I
will ever want to be bothered with it ... if obama shuts down the
internet, I guess we will all have to go back to BBS's.

Regards,
JS