Old October 31st 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.liberalism
WR[_2_] WR[_2_] is offline

Default A Crossroads Election

On Oct 31, 2:38*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 10/31/2010 9:32 AM,WRwrote:

How??? However bad the situation is, I'd always opt for a democratic
( I mean voting) solution, whoever is on top. Bad democracies are
infinitely better than mob rule, dictators, or revolutionists.

You don't read history?

"Revolutionists" are who put this great democracy in place and upheld
it, until recently ... when, now, power seems to have been usurped from
the individuals who really are "the country", "the government" and the
only true holders of the right(s) to do so ...

No, I am not for allowing this country to become a "bad democracy", we
seem to have that now ... we don't need "leaders" we need the public
servants which the constitution sets up and gives rights to represent
the will of the people.

Regards,
JS

The American Revolution was about disengaging from British rule, not
about overthrowing government. The colonists wanted to retain their
colonial governments, sans Royal governors, and rule themselves. For
example, when the Royal Governor of Virginia disbanded the Virginia
House of Burgesses, they simply reconvened in a Tavern and plotted
joining with the other colonies to oust the useless British, who taxed
but didn't defend, who controlled all aspects of colonial economics,
who kept colonials in debt and bled the colonies white. In addition,
the British had forbidden Western expansion beyond what is now Eastern
Ohio, limiting opportunities. In any event, that revolution was about
retaining local democratic-republican forms, about local rule, and
about cutting the cord with the Mother Country. Remember, when the
Whiskey Rebellion challenged the Federal Government of the young
United States, President George Washington donned his old uniform
himself and led the federal troops who suppressed it.

The Rightwing (and Leftwing) nutcases who start posturing with threats
of violent revolution today are all about destroying Government. That
type of revolution almost invariably leads to excess and finally to
dictatorship. We're nowhere near that point, of course. For the most
part, the American people are sane and responsible. There is anger and
frustration out there but not enough to force a rebellion.