Old November 2nd 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Interesting article on SW ...

On 10/31/2010 3:24 PM, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
At least here, CRI has replaced the BBC or Radio Moscow with being the
all bands all the time radio station. If you had a shortwave radio in
the 1960's, 1970's or 1980's you know exactly what I mean.

Here in Korea, CRI has such a strong signal that any shortwave radio,
even sans antenna, can receive them like a local. And our local AMBCB
stations run into the 1.5 MW and above range...

If I remember correctly, the strongest AM station, ever, here in the USA
was a 500,000KW or 0.5MW. Might have been WOR many decades ago ...
anyway, people complained about coming over their toasters, dental
appliances, etc.

1.5MW I just can't imagine on AM! I guess if you have a message that
people just don't want to hear, you have to shout LOUDER! lol

Regards,
JS