Old November 3rd 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default LADDER LINE SPREADERS

One concern about black plastic tubing...

some kinds use carbon black as a filler, which makes them resistive.
Probably not an issue for relatively low voltages in an RF feedline, but
not good for the Van deGraaff generator, etc.

justme wrote:
Didn't think of that. I wish they made 1/4 inch. However, I will
surely look at it.

Thanks

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 04:38:18 -0700 (PDT), Cecil Moore
wrote:

On Nov 2, 10:56 pm, justme wrote:
Any ideas out there?

One half inch black plastic irrigation tubing is inexpensive and
designed to withstand the elements. Cut it to length, drill opposing
holes at each end (a little smaller than the wire insulation) and cut
a key-hole slot from each hole. Clip the holes around the wire and
enjoy.