Old November 4th 10, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default LADDER LINE SPREADERS

On Nov 3, 5:14*pm, Gary wrote:

One other thing that I have seen mentioned on this newsgroup, is
plastic clothes hangers chopped up. *They are about 3/8" in diameter
and are cheap. *Not sure about UV resistant.

Gary N4AST

I've used those for small insulators. They do break down and
get brittle after a while. But it takes a while. Being as they
wouldn't be holding as much strain compared to using them
for end insulators, they might last a fairly long time before
one broke at one of the holes.
But the UV will do a number on them in the long term.
Little strips of clear Lexan window material might last for a
fairly decent amount of time. It's pretty strong, so will take
a while to get weak enough to break with the fairly low
tensions involved.