Old November 5th 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names is offline

Default LADDER LINE SPREADERS

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:56:44 -0500, justme wrote:

Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. Wood in any
configuration will not do. PVC pipe will not do. Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.

If you live in a rural area, check the hardware or farm supply stores
for electric fence insulators. The ones in my hardware store are 5 or
6 inches long and cost a few dollars per hundred.