Old November 6th 10, 09:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Antenna materials

"K1TTT" wrote
On Nov 5, 8:32 am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:

So your electrons only oscillate (no Stokes drift)?

should be looking for so i may not be measuring properly.

At first you must have a radio which do not work without ground. No
chassis no AC supply.
If you are able to prepare such the rest will be easy.

got it... plastic case, battery powered, only does 5w that that is

easy to measure. now how much dc current should i measure in the

ground lead when i transmit with 5w?

You know: "more than electron per cycle and less than infinity".

For one you should use an electroscope (in place of ground).

Charge it and check what your radio needs to work (+ or -).

For more, the steem generator should be beest. "At Cramlington Colliery,

Sedgehill, Newcastle on Tyne (Northumberland, England) high pressure steam
broke through the cement around the safety valve of a locomotive boiler.
The
Engine-Man held a shovel in the steam and with a penknife in his other
hand,
held about 3/8 inch from the boiler, produced electric sparks.".

In such arrangment the shovel has an exces of electrons and the boiler a

deficit.

Close to infinity the DC meter will be enough.

But the experts know that Stokes drift is everywhere.

Stokes drift and longitudinal electric waves in the wires (Oliver Lodge)
were discowered before electrons.It is obvious that the both apply to the
electron gas.

Electrons also travel through a capacitor. AC pulses are never simmetric.

S*

ok, i put my electroscope in place of ground, no movement in the gold

leaf when i transmit. i also borrowed a very sensitive electrostatic
voltmeter and do not see any voltage buildup on the radio when i
transmit.

Your radio do not transmit without ground. The leaf are not the
inexhaustible reservoir of electrons.
Charged electroscobe is a tiny rasevoir.

and my rf waves are as perfectly symmetric as i can measure on a

scope, even taking one and delaying it 180 degrees and subtracting
from the source gives me a flat line that i can not measure any
distortion on.

Working transmitter is like the Ruhmkorff coil or Tesla coil:
"In April 1887, Tesla began investigating what would later be called X-rays
using his own single terminal vacuum tubes (similar to his patent #514,170).
This device differed from other early X-ray tubes in that it had no target
electrode. The modern term for the phenomenon produced by this device is
bremsstrahlung (or braking radiation). We now know that this device operated
by emitting electrons from the single electrode through a combination of
field electron emission and thermionic emission. Once liberated, electrons
are strongly repelled by the high electric field near the electrode during
negative voltage peaks from the oscillating HV output of the Tesla Coil,
generating X rays as they collide with the glass envelope."

The both are like the electron gun. They do not work without the electrons
reservoir (ground).

so, what is your predicted shape of these distorted waves?? i see a

nice sine wave function, you must have some other solution for
harmonic motion and the wave equations, please provide your solution
that includes the asymmetry terms we should be looking for.

For equations see "Stokes drift"

Each pulse from a wave source, whan reach the end of the antenna, create the
high voltage pike. Next the voltage drops and create the opposite pike. In
reality they are not symmetric. In Ruhmkorf's the first is huge and the
second almost zero.

But you know that the antenna must be tunned. Probably the field emission
starts after tunning.
It would be interesting to measure the voltage pikes on the tip of CB whip
before and after tunning.

If the voltage pikes are asymmetric than the field emissin/absorption also
and we have Stokes drift.
Look at: http://remeeus.eu/english/hamradio/a...ial_ground.htm

It is simply chassis with large metalic surfaces.

How to mesure Stokes drift - it is a question. I am sure that the experts
did it from the radio beginning.
I am not an expert.
S*