Old November 8th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hallicrafter@collins.net is offline

Default Pumpkin Patch Radio (pirate)

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:45:48 -0800, John Smith
wrote:

On 11/7/2010 4:20 PM, wrote:

Well, there are a few semi-political pirates out there. There is WBNY
with "Commander Bunny" and Radio Free Speech with "Bill O'Rights".
WBNY still makes regular broadcasts atound 6900 kHz but I don't think
Radio Free Speech has been on lately.

I know what you mean though. Do you remember Dr. Tornado?

Jim

Yeah, I like political talk/dissension/gov-mistrust/etc.

Sorry, don't remember him ... remember:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Caroline

It was kewl! Used to be a lot of pirates around ... if you had a good
antenna, you could catch a couple a night ... and find new ones all the
time as they came and went ... but, back then, used military xmitters
and amps were cheap and easy to come across.

Regards,
JS

You would have liked Dr. T. He called his station Radio Metallica
Worldwide. His favorite person to go on a tirade against was Janet
Reno. Supposedly he had a 10KW transmitter.

When conditions improve there will be more pirates audible. There are
still quite a few on. See:

http://www.frn.net/vines/

Jim