Old November 9th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default Newbie Questions

"Sal M. Onella" wrote in news:e436d79d-a5ae-48ba-af46-
:

Re USB: So far, I've had few issues intermixing USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
devices. The one exception: my old Win-98 laptop doesn't like large
thumbdrives. Maybe it doesn't understand them; they're supposed to be
driverless but the laptop asks for the driver, anyway. New laptop, no
problems.

Win98 needs drivers installed for any USB device. That was the one
thing that pushed my into Win XP. Win XP has generic drivers for
most common USB devices.

There is no difference between USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 cables.