Old May 21st 10, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default dairy farmer tuning radio w/ headphones

Jefffrey Scott McAUley wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:37:32 +0900, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Yes, thank you. It came through OK. I see that you use Outlook
Express. I still use Netscape 4.78 to access newsgroups. It's a
little old, but I like the way it handles long threads.

I've forgotten how 4.7 worked for newsgroups...its been a long time
ago. But it reached the point of being outdated for handling the web.

Using T'bird 2.something here and it seems to do everything with no
thought required. yEnc, etc.

They seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere with T'bird 3. Its
really klunky and confusing. I haven't messed with it lately (its on
my laptop) but I never could find the route to 'Subscribe to
Newsgroups'.

Try Thunderbird 2.*, Mike, as a replacement to Netscape for mail and
newsgroups.

-Bill M

I have the latest Thunderbird installed on this machine, mostly for the
Win 7 bootup (since it doesn't have Outlook Express for e-mail). I have
yet to make the NG's work on it. Es muy estranjo.

Using Pan 0.133 here. http://pan.rebelbase.com/ Simple to use for most
task, but has lots of features for filtering and blocking some folks if
you spend any time in groups frequented by trolls.

I use 'Nfilter', AKA 'Newsproxy' for filtering. I'm supposed to pick
up an old Dell server this weekend, and I'm considering installing
Leafnode so I can filter on the header lines not availible from Giganes
via Earthlink. Then I can block entire regions by IP address.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.