Old July 27th 10, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Jonny Astro Jonny Astro is offline

Default Need help identifying radio

See additional picture of the chassis:
Thanks.
Jon

Bill M wrote:

Jonny Astro wrote:
They definitely look related. The pointer on the dial looks exactly the
same. The band indicating lights on the dial look the same. The slots on
the bottom are very close and the sticker on the chassis is very
similiar. The Clinton is minus a tone knob and power transformer. The
layout of the tubes is different too.
I wonder if there is reference showing who RCA made radios for.

Doesn't look like any RCA model that I'm familiar with. Patent tags of
that era almost always say RCA/Westinghouse/Hazeltine because that's who
held the patents. I don't think RCA made radios for anyone else.

The Clinton referred to is probably a 'Plant A' set. Plant A was an
anonymous manufacturer in Chicago who made private label brands for
department stores, etc. The only indication is the small print on an
orange patent label that says "Plant A - Chicago".

Anything like that on your label?

-Bill