Old January 25th 04, 08:16 PM
Yrrah

Hi Henry,

I like what you write about test equipment. I have a nice collection of HP
stuff of my own. Maybe even more than 40 items. I like HP because it was
well known at my university at that time (the 70ties). Also it is well
documented and it can be repaired at times. There are many other good brands
available but I prefer HP. On the other hand: a lot of HP equipment needs
repair at present. And indeed: the power supply is the culprit in many
cases. Either tubes or caps. About tantalum: not much specific experience
available over here, but I seem to like the axial metal ones with glass
sealed terminations. So keep up the good work!
Btw: is there a site or community to exchange experience on how to repair HP
equipment and how to obtain spare parts?
regards,
Harke PA0HRK

Henry Kolesnik schreef in berichtnieuws