Old November 11th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Default Distance to Fault

"tom" wrote in message
. net...
Are you telling all the rest of us that may have inferior equipment
that we shouldn't even try to measure things?

No. In fact, playing with a scope and a pulse generator is quite
educational.

And we aren't all dumb enough not to understand what gives us
resolution.

tom
K0TAR

Trying to measure the thickness of a single sheet of paper with a ruler
graduated in eighth's of an inch is analogous. About all you can say
with certainty is that the paper is much thinner than 1/8 inch.

My last post gave a nominal value for the reflection coefficient of coax
with a migrated center conductor like N1PR postulated. At 2 GHz, the
2-inch section will be about 0.4 wavelength. Will you get detectible
reflections? Yes.

73, Barry WA4VZQ