Old November 15th 10, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Matching antenna to crystal radio

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:59:44 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

Hi Guys,
Assuming I have a tank circuit on a crystal radio with a Z at resonance of
1.5 megaohms.
How would I make an antenna and extract maximum signal and keep the Z at
750,000 ohms.
If don't think that's what I want to do, tell me that too. :-)
MikeK

Hi Mike,

Try thinking backwards. How much current through your headphones/ear
pieces do you need to hear the signal you want? (This is assuming you
are not amplifying the signal, which if that's the case, what's the
point in building a xtal set?).

What is the impedance of your headphones/ear pieces? They will
dictate the "loaded Q" of your tank circuit.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC