Old November 15th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Barts[_2_] David Barts[_2_] is offline

Default Solar Wind Getting Troublesome

On Nov 15, 8:03*am, dave wrote:
David Barts wrote:
On Nov 14, 6:49 pm, *wrote:
It washes away parts of the upper atmosphere leaving us exposed to more
cosmic rays.

http://www.hamqsl.com/solar3.html#addwebsite

Nothing new; it's been doing that for billions of years already.

In related news, eventually the Sun is going to turn into a red giant
and engulf the Earth, thus utterly destroying it.

Wrong! *We are entering a part of the galaxy that is relatively dense
and we don't know what will happen. This is uncharted territory.

There is nothing I see on that linked page to back up that assertion.

Moreover, how exactly are we "entering a part of the galaxy that is
relatively dense"? We're on one of the rotating spiral arms of the
Milky way. We're moving at pretty much the same speed as the rest of
the arm. It's very hard to "enter" a part of the galaxy we're pacing
at the same speed.

Absent any links that actually back up what you're trying to assert, I
find your assertions to be highly questionable.

--
David Barts
Portland, OR