Old January 27th 04, 02:11 PM
Alex Flinsch

In article , Richard wrote:
Hi

R&L Electronics in Ohio, gives number as 800-221-7735.

I'm in UK and want to phone sales up so I dial 011-800-221-7735. All I get

The 8xx number is a toll free number -- the terminating location pays for
the call. When the number is originally provisioned by the telco that is
providing the service, the client can specify locations that they are
willing to pay from. Typical combinations are instate only, USA only
USA/Canada/Mexico/Carribean. R&L is probably rejecting any inbound calls
originating ovewrseas.

Alex / AB2RC
(10+ years in Telco Billing applications -- primarly 800 & LD)