Old January 28th 04, 01:21 AM
gudmundur

Default Need help decoding rtty signal

There are four very strong signals here on the east coast of U.S.A., I here
them best after dusk.

3.084mhz 3.102mhz 3.126mhz and 3.132mhz

Here is what I know,

1000hz center frequency
850hz shift
75baud / 13.3ms so it would appear

The signal stops erratically on both space and mark tones. Also, at
times the baud rate seems like it becomes very fast, perhaps double.

I hear this same exact 'signature' signal in many places, on many bands,
and can't seem to decode it with normal 5 level baudot programs. However,
the signal doesn't seem to be ascii either.

Anyone want to give a listen, and tell me what I need. Are they encrypted,
or do I just need a different rtty-to-text convertor?

TNX KD3SH