Old November 19th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_27_] Bob[_27_] is offline

Default Noise Reduction Questions

Hello,

Not too sharp with noise reduction techniques.

And, too much of a Sr. Citizen now to actually build chokes, etc. myself
anymore, but would like to ask the following, please.

Have a new WinRadio Excalibur receiver, and it appears that I am picking
up a lot of noise from nearby "stuff":
Possibilities, I think, would include:

Comcast Router
PC Modem
And, a whole bunch of wal-warts which I assume are switching types.

Are there inexpensive, simple, ferrite toroids that I can clip on wires
that may help ?
Any that R/S sells that are worth a try ?

For the wal-warts, should they go on the AC input, the dc output, or both ?

Should they also go on USB cables between the PC and receiver module ?
All USB cables ?

How about the Modem to Router lead, and the Router to PC lead ?

Any part of the coax lead in from the receiving (only) antenna ?
(doubt it, but thought I'd ask this one anyway)

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob