Old November 21st 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Grounding A BNC Coax Cable End ?

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:19:44 -0500, Bob wrote:

Hello,

I have a bnc coax cable from a receiving (only) antenna that ends up at
a plastic cased switch box. The box has no convenient grounding point.

I would like to ground the bnc of the coax end.

I can rig "something" up of course, but was wondering if anyone might
know of a bnc connector which perhaps has a wire lead coming out of it
for this kind of purpose, or a screw terminal, or something for
grounding the bnc shell (and hence the coax shield) ?

Looked, but couldn't find anything appropriate.

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

The female BNC bulkhead connector often comes with a star/flat washer
style of solder tab.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC