Old January 29th 04, 02:47 AM
Jim, N2VX

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:09:59 -0600, "Nocturnal1"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me how detailed the schematic diagram in the manual is? I
can't afford to buy the loop, but am pretty good a cobbling and crafting and
coming up with something that works. Is there a kind soul out there who is
willing to scan and email a copy of the manual? Perhaps I could build a
workable clone from the circuit details in the manual. I'm also looking for
closeup pictures of details of the loop and circuitry - anything that would
help in producing a viable clone (they don't make 'em anymore).

~Tom

Tuned loop antennas for AM broadcast band are easy to build and work
well. Do a search for National Radio Club, a MW DXer association.
You can build a simple loop that works with your ferrite rod antenna
radio or spend more time on something with a FET preamp or mount it
outside with remote tuning.

I got good results with a 2 foot tuned loop with a shielded pickup
loop inside it. You should be able to find it on the NRC site.

Don't know about the Kiwa, but there are only so many variations on
the theme.

73,
Jim
N2VX