Old November 29th 10, 01:04 PM
Plotus Plotus is offline
Junior Member

Location: Cason Old Field NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M[_5_] View Post
Scott Dorsey wrote:

No, it's a symptom that you have no high voltage going into the OD3,
either because it's not coming out of the transformer or because there
is a rectifier or droppin resistor gone bad.

Another possibility would be something on the load side is pulling down
the B+. Short/partial short, etc.

-B.
The info on sheilding is good to know, I'll start with a replacement OD3, (I have two coming from an ebay supplier) and go from there since I have no test equiptment. If that fails, I'll look into the power supply issue. And probably contact the fella I spoke of above who works on tube radios.
Slow awake.....fast asleep