Old November 30th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default antenna physics question

On Nov 29, 7:35*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
On Nov 29, 4:42*pm, K1TTT wrote:

On Nov 28, 9:32*pm, Art Unwin wrote:

I have been struggling with this for some time
so maybe somebody can set me straight.
We wind a flat plate spiral antenna and we get to a point where the
center medium becomes saturated with flux.
Now I add even more coils. What action does that precipitate? I would
like to think that the Meissner effect *( perfect diamagnetism) then
takes over and swamps the external magnetic field as with a
superconductor ( ie opposite to that of a paramagnetic) The skin
effect is thus removed allowing the current flow to the surface by
allowing the atomic structure to relax, and add to the current already
in place to allow fully efficient radiation as it now lies outside the
confines of conductor resistance.
This is my effort in determining what is it that drives the constant
impedance attributes of a meander type array?
Regards
Art

what is the 'medium' that gets saturated?

As a furthur background to the question.
I modelled a two coil spring to make a closed circuit. Running thru
the swr vs frequency I find that when I get into the Ghz realm the
anti resonance value migrates to 52 ohms with low
reactance escursions. Later the resistance value drops to single
digits and then fraction of ohms together with slight reactance
escursions
with R being less than the wire used. At the same time gain shot up to
the high twenties in cyclic form but with the extremely low impedance.
The current flow at the feed point was 100% surge quickly dropping to
a constant 25% current flow .I then made a 5 wire tape
very close wound pancake about 24" dia which I placed inside a bowl
shield which was grounded. This provided a fairly constant impedance
with what appears to the ear to be a doubling of more of gain against
a quiet background. I have nothing else to add except the computer
program does have a precipetous drop in impedance which sort of
alignes with superconductors when it changes over to perfect
diamagnetic, where skin factor of the conductor is removed allowing
current flow outside the conductor as shown by its low impedance. The
pancakes (stacked ) with short length compared to a linear solenoid
are fed at the center where surge current is at its highest and where
all *wires tape ends are electrically connected together to complete a
closed mesh type tape. The same can be done with a 100 foot roll
insect window mesh with the material backed by thin duct tape.
Thus the point of the question, What propels
the reverse swamping of the previously weak
diamagnetic fields?
Thanks for looking
Art
With the current leaving the conductor the two vectors for the most
efficient elevation and thrust *( are vector with heliical spin) to
the surface residing particles as shown by Gauss which also aligns
with Maxwell.

One thing I should mention is when the "surface" current flow begins
the radiation pattern goes thru a 90 degree phase change( a connection
to the EH driven antennas perhaps?)
I am now re writing the program with the x and y coordinates
interchanged to see if some clues
come to light when f/b and gain figures change from the X to the Y
axis
Art