Old November 30th 10, 11:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Scott[_4_] Scott[_4_] is offline

Default Yeasu FT 101EE

On 11-30-2010 03:46, Barry wrote:

For some reason the Yaesu FT-101 rigs got a large cult following with the
"freeband" illegal CB crowd - probably because they had an 11 meter
position on the bandswitch (receive only) and it only took a trivial
effort to get it to transmit there. They also had AM. In fact, I
believe there were more of these rigs sold to CB'ers than to hams.

73, Barry WA4VZQ

A-ha! I have a plain FT-101 that was given to me years ago. I'll have
to check and see if it has the same 11M selection. Maybe I'm sitting on
enough cash to buy another transverter or two for the microwave bands