Old December 1st 03, 03:45 AM
Alex Batson

Consider:

However, before that, make sure you have
1. good, clean connections at ALL connections EVERYWHERE;
2. the antenna pointed in the right direction (turn it 360 degrees,
you might be surprised the signal comes from a direction you didn't
think would work).

I think echos are doing me in. I have plenty of signal stregnth but it's
quite difficult getting my HDTV receiver to think it has enough signal to
build a picture. Let say I point to station "X", which is UHF. It's analog
signal is OK (some snow, but viewable, but with a few ghosts or echos..)
The same station X broadcasts HDTV from the same mast, but I can't get it.

I have found that I can pick up channels by NOT pointing the antenna
directly at the broadcast point; I can get the signal by being 90degrees to
it.

Do ghosts (echos) on a strong signal kill HDTV reception? If so, I need a
highly directional antenna (ChannelMaster 4228 8-bay)?

Alex
batsonaatcomcastdotnet