Old December 2nd 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default homemade balun question

On Dec 2, 2:34*pm, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Maybe a better question would of been to start from the begining and ask "I
have a 300 ohm twinlead folded dipole resonant at 15mHz, with an aprox 6 foot
twinlead feed line. I need to feed that with 10-15 meters of 75 ohm coax.
How do I get that to appear resonant to my transmitter on 14 mHz, and hopefully
7 and 28 mHz and get some signals in and out?".

You are trying to get a lot from a 20m dipole. And that feed line
setup just complicates things and adds undue loss.
Myself, I would start over from scratch if you really want to
transmit on all three bands. Are you limited to the size of
the dipole? Do you have to use coax?
As far as receiving lower bands, I'd try unhooking one leg
of the feed line. Just feed the center conductor. That
should cure the dead antenna problem as far as just
listening on the lower bands.