Old February 1st 04, 01:21 PM
Eskay

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:46:26 -0800, Paul Clay wrote:

What's the best way/tool to cut or drill holes 1/8 inch to 5/16 inch in
diameter in thin gauge aluminum (for inserting potentiometers and
phono, power jacks, etc.)? I've tried using just a power drill and
genernal purpose drill bits and the results have been sort of ragged
(the edges of the hole are ragged and the process of drilling creates a
depression surrounding the drilled hole).

What's a good technique for labeling front panel controls on a piece of
homebrew gear? Are there self adhesive labels or decals that
stick/wear really well?

Tnx!

There is only one good and safe way to do this.
Buy a Klein Unibit drill ( there are other makes too ) Step tapered from
1/8 inch to 1/2 inch. They do a nice clean job and the holes are always
round.
The tapered reamer is in my opinion an antique and looks like too much hard
work. Home Depot should have the Unibit.
73 de Eskay.