Old December 5th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Crystal Wanted

In article ,
"Ray Joham" wrote:

Does anyone have an 18.895 MHz crystal in HC6/U
gathering dust and wish to sell or swap?

Ray-

I'm guessing that frequency could be used to convert one of the bands on
a Heathkit SB or HW 100 series transceiver to 10 MHz.

If you're willing to accept a dial error, a crystal might work if it is
as much as 350 KHz lower in frequency. I think that would move the
tuning range from 10.0 to 10.5 MHz down to 9.65 to 10.15 MHz. Or a
crystal up to 100 KHz higher would move the range to 10.10 to 10.60 MHz.

Otherwise you will need to order a custom crystal. The major crystal
companies should have data on the Heath heterodyne crystals if you
explain what you want to do.

Fred
K4DII