Old December 6th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Rigid, unguyed dipole end supports?

In J. Todd
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Can anybody offer practical suggestions to someone with essentially
no mechanical skills, pointers to articles on the subject or
commercial products?

Maybe a strut halfway up the fence side of the mast, with a stay
from the mast top, over the strut end, and secured to the bottom of the
mast. Tension to straighten the bend, Think sailboat "diamond stays"

That sounds like something I've seen on utility poles, except that the guy
doesn't connect at the bottom of the mast, but goes straight down from the
strut, parallel to the mast, and is anchored in the ground. I probably have
enough room on the other side of the fence for something like that.

BTW, I'm collecting and "analyzing" all these responses for next spring;
the ground's already frozen and we have our first foot of snow cover for
the winter.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN