Old December 8th 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sébastien MEDARD Sébastien MEDARD is offline

Default Balcony Antenna for Shortwave Listening

Hello,

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 16:21:41 -0800, Richard Clark wrote:

On 07 Dec 2010 23:11:16 GMT, SĂ©bastien MEDARD wrote:

To solve this: Add a tuner;

You cut corners I was thinking about adding a Tuner or maybe something
that is called preselector/tuner...

But, before that I just wanted to know what would be a good antenna, or
good antennas for where I live.

Thus, I was thinking about adapting the basics (long wire, dipole) to my
situation. What do you think about shorting a long wire to a big self?

Would this self work better adapted on one side, like a dipole or a
quarter of a wave?

By the way...... What would be a good antenna tuner for a SWL? Any advice
for a brand? Any advice for a good DIY kit?

Thanks.

Sebastien.