Old February 2nd 04, 09:12 AM
Sofie

J. Yazel:
This is not a phenomena unique to Seattle...... all repair shops everywhere
have to deal with disposing of un-repaired and unclaimed electronics
equipment. Most shops can only keep a limited amount of "bone yard"
equipment to cannibalize...
..... and furthermore, it takes too much expensive labor time to search
through old equipment for used and questionable quality parts when a brand
new, unstressed part may be in stock or readily available..... Where ever
you are, check with your local repair shops, the smaller independents may be
easier to deal with.... most will gladly "donate" the scraps to you so they
won't have to spend money to haul them to the dump.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"J. Yazel" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:31:17 -0800, "Sofie" wrote:

Bob,
Take a trip to some of your local repair shops......
I know that at my shop that about once a month or two that I am filling

up a
pick up truck full of old and newer VCRs, DVDs, televisions, stereo
equipment, CD players, CB radios, etc.and taking it all to the dump......
otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk around inside the shop.
I am in the Seattle area so it would not be worth the shipping costs.

One more responder from Seattle and I might consider moving there.

Jack