Old December 12th 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
justme justme is offline

Default LADDER LINE SPREADERS

Thanks, Owen.

Those look great but are too much money for me.

Joe

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:46:39 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

justme wrote in
:

Hi, Folks.

I need ideas for CHEAP and uv stable, strong, light weight, waterproof
ladder line spreaders of about 4 or 5 inches wide. Wood in any
configuration will not do. PVC pipe will not do. Welding rod would
do but it is expensive.

I was thinking of Fiberglas tape, twisted and put in place and then
resin applied but that is very cumbersome.

These might not be regarded as cheap, but they are designed for purpose:
http://www.tet-emtron.com/product-p/te-450sp.htm . They are not 4 to 5
inches wide, the seller claims about 450 ohms using 2mm diameter bare wire.

If you used insulated wire, Zo would be a little higher (eg 1mm conductor
would give somewhere between 500 and 600 ohms).

Owen