Old December 12th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John W John W is offline

Default Connecting Two RF Connectors in Metal Enclosure

Hello all,

I am trying to put a co-ax line through the wall of my shack. I purchased
two chassis mount N-type connectors a while ago, one for inside and one for
outside the shack. As you will know these connectors have a solderable
centre pin for the co-ax inner conductor and seem to rely on the chassis for
the outer connection.

My question is if I use a metal enclosure to mount these N connectors how do
I connect the centre pins together. Do I use co-ax with the braid
disconnected at both ends, or one end, or do I use wire, or just put the
chassis mount N-types to one side and buy some in-line N-types?

I am not too worried about the mechanics of putting the enclosure on the
wall.

Any help would be much appreciated.

73
JOHN