Old December 16th 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_27_] Bob[_27_] is offline

Default Common Mode Noise Question

Hello,

Not too sharp with antenna and noise theory, so please bear with me a bit.

If I have a run of coax from a Balun right at my outside receiving only
antenna (well grounded at that point) right to my receiver, is it still
possible to have common-mode noise induced into the coax ?

Say from a PC, Modem, Router near the receiver.

Wouldn't the coax shied prevent this ?
If not, why not ?

Can't picture how an emi source field would/could "get-thru" the coax
shield to the inner conductor.

Thanks,
Bob