Old December 17th 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Yeah ! : Canada The Land of Enlightenment and Tolerance : Yeah !

On Dec 16, 3:09*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 12/16/10 17:03 , m II wrote:

On 10-12-16 02:32 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Mercedes was the daughter of Benz, of Daimler-Benz. Daimler-Benz makes
Mercedes-Benz cars....actually I think their name is just Daimler since
they sold off Chrysler.

Mercedes was the daugher of Emil Jellinek, Gottlieb Daimler's
distributor in Nice, France. The cars were named Mercedes in her honor,
when Daimler sought a name for the line. The first use of the name was
in 1900, registered as a model name for Daimler built cars in 1902 24
prior to the merger with Benz.

Thank you for clearing up my obvious blunder.

* *It's pretty readily available information. And Emil Jellinek was
not unknown on the global stage in his own right, serving as an
ambassodor at the time.

Small Irony-of-Ironies that the Mercedes-Benz 540K/770 K,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_770
was one of Adolph Hitlers 'symbols' of German Excellence,
Status, Strength and Power -while- The "Mercedes" Part
of the Brand-Name for Emil Jellinek's Daughter "Mercedes"
Jellinek had a Jewish Heritage in the fact that Emil Jellinek's
parents were Jewish ;;-}} ~ RHF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Jellinek