Old December 19th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Antenna -discontinued-in-usa- Availablein Japan

On Dec 19, 4:58*am, dave wrote:
Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
On 12/19/2010 12:00 AM, garrett1415 wrote:
Hey Folks,
I'm Garrett. I'm new here, so I think it'd be appropriate to say hello..
I'm relatively new to the hobby, I recently bought my first shortwave
receiver, a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I'm living in Michigan currently, and
I'm a Junior in High School.

So here's my questions:
I've been using my receiver with the included whip antenna and the
included portable wire antenna. I've been having trouble picking up
anything at all, even the more powerful stations. Does anyone have any
insight? Should I get an antenna? If so, what kind?

Kevin, WB4AIO.

- Sony used to make a cool folding loop for that radio.

Sony AN-LP1 Active Antenna
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3676.html

- You'd just hang it in a picture window.

As shown on a Window
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...nt/3676win.jpg