Old December 20th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Hello! Introduction and a few questions

On 12/19/2010 9:07 PM, RHF wrote:

- You would expect most to be aware of such things.
- A balun/unun is actually a very necessary part
- of any antenna system ...

JS - The Original Poster "Garrett1415" -wrote-
Hey Folks,
I'm Garrett.
I'm new here,
so I think it'd be appropriate to say hello.
I'm relatively new to the hobby,
I recently bought my first shortwave receiver,
a Sony ICF-SW7600GR.
I'm living in Michigan currently,
and I'm a Junior in High School.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...116aff7d48bd64

Yeah, he was the only guy NOT stating that a decent antenna would not be
suitable ... he, probably, is right around the age I got my first ham
license ... should catch on rather quickly.

Regards,
JS