Old December 20th 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Cushcraft, HyGain build quality?

In "T. & D. Gregor, Sr."
wrote:

Hi Bert:

I don't have any empirical evidence one way or the other. However,
knowing a bit about manufacturing... I think that I can reliably say
that any antenna design prior to the acquisition would in all
likelihood be unchanged from the original design parameters.

I agree that they're unlikely to have changed the design on any of the
existing products.

I'm wondering about the quality of the manufactured parts.

Are all the holes in the right place, are the tubes of the correct
length, are all the soldered connections actually soldered, etc?

More generally, will the things go together and stay together?

The other side of that thinking... a new design, post acquisition
would be an unknown.

Just my two cents...

Merry Christmas

Tom G, Sr.

On 20 Dec 2010 14:29:17 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

Can anybody comment on the build quality of their antennas since MFJ
took them over?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN