Old December 21st 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default is there a way to test a SSB radio?

Bob Dobbs wrote:
kyle williams wrote:
I forgot to mention that I did hear a very faint
and brief time stamp message on 15000, only once though, I can't seem to
get it to come in again.

The higher WWV freqs are generally better propagated during the daytime,
If your listening is mostly at night then 5000 will likely be stronger as well
as some strong Caribbean stations (RHC) in the 60m band.

Utah might be too close for the HF. WWVB would work 24/7 there.