Old December 21st 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default few questions

wrote:

JS

...if I threw a 30ft wire out my second floor window the result will
be a lousy ground connection...

You'd be amazed. On many antennas + and - are pretty arbitrarily
assigned. I can reverse my tuner and make my radials plus and my
vertical wire minus, and the antenna gets out almost as well. (None of
the antenna is at RF ground-the whole mess floats on the roof).

Cebek says all antennas are dipoles (excepting true long wires I presume).

Antennas are a great subject.