Old December 21st 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Sidebands

Użytkownik napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
"Well, it's like this. The story starts in 1915, when mankind discovered
sidebands. Now possessing this superior understanding of the AM signal,
radio scientists began to understand the implications of their discovery.
Soon afterwards, our old friends at Bell Labs, who have discovered
practically everything, developed a method for removing one of the
sidebands
of an AM signal but retaining all the essential modulation components. As
an
expert of that day supposedly said, "both sidebands are saying the same
thing" (Goodman, 1948). " From:
http://www.hamradiomarket.com/articles/SSBHistory.htm

I was born after 1915. I am supposing that in that time was possibility
tune to the three different frequences.
Am I right?
S*

Nope, you are just spouting word salad gibberish as usual.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-sideband_modulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwid...nal_processing)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passband

Here are thy unrestricted signal (upper diagram). It has the three peaks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pa...schematic3.png

So in an old radio the same station was in the three places (on the scale)
close to one another.
Am I right?
S*