Old December 21st 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Why FCC should reign in Fox News

robertva wrote:
On 12/21/2010 9:12 AM, dave wrote:
(a long rant)

Did someone force their way into your home, steal all your cable boxes
and replace them with boxes that wouldn't tune other news outlets?

While the cable/satellite news outlet receive per subscriber fees
through the cable and satellite providers, there are still plenty of
commercials. Apparently the advertisers have some way of guessimating
how many pairs of eyes are watching each channel. If you disagree with a
channel's politics or think their reports are unreliable DON'T WATCH IT.
If enough of the viewers who are monitored by the rating's agencies
agree with you the channel you despise so much will be forced to change
their policies or shut down.

Also note that FCC authority over cable/satellite channel content is
significantly narrower than the agency's authority over direct
broadcaster to home antenna content.

I have no problem with their content. I have a big problem with them
being able to characterize it as "news". They lie, which is completely
legal with a few exceptions. I'd like a rule prohibiting them from
labeling their "lies" as "news". That's all.

This is a matter of urgent importance as the country is rapidly slipping
into complete domination. There's that famous "freedom and liberty" crap
hard at work.