Old December 24th 10, 05:58 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave
James Duncan James Duncan is offline

Default New thread on Portland Radio started concerning Radiosophypossibly going out of business

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:53:20 -0800, Laughing... laughing... LMFAO!!!
wrote:

http://feedback.pdxradio.com/topic/a...phy-is-out-of-

business

I won a Radiosophy H101 table radio in a drawing, and it's worth every
penny I paid for it.

Despite advertising claims to the contrary, the RF section is quite
insensitive. This sample may be defective, but it often freezes and
shows gibberish on its LCD display. The plastic case looks cheap, and
the audio from its two speakers is not so great. I put it back in its
original box where it has been for many months. Thought about selling it
on EBay but was worried about losing my 100% feedback rating. For
$29.95, this thing arguably might have been a decent enough value, but I
believe the original selling price was several times that much. On the
next Goodwill run I'll include it with other discarded household goods.

This company's mediocre products gave HD Radio yet another black eye.
Whether or not HD Radio is a useful service, the Radiosophy company
evidently sold crappy overpriced products and has justifiably gone out of
business.
--
Semper Factotal