Old December 31st 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Australia - New Year

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 07:02:24 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

Radio Australia, currently good here on 9580 and 9590 has their New Year's Eve
program on. Eastern Australia hits the New Year at 1300.

Papua New Guinea at 1400.

The New Year has already arrived in NZ and earlier in Kiribati.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve,

Are you going to listen to BBC on radio or internet for new year?

Radio, of course. Hopefully 9740 will hold up for the full strike of Big Ben.

It might also be a good idea to put another receiver on 7360 which fires up at 0000
out of Cyprus. 9740 is out of Singapore, and has been fading in fairly well as of
late prior to 0000.

We'll see how it all works out.

Just got my logbook out, which I only use these days to mark the New Year with the BBC,
and for the past two years I've used 9740.

But, propagation being what it is, 7360 might work out better.

Right now (2145UT) listening to Bucharest on 6115 kHz - 15 minutes to
go there until midnight- not sure if they will still be on the air-
but I will listen.

Jim(MI)